Last modified: March 1, 2013
The Company operates this Website from its offices in Lake Success, New York in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or anywhere else outside of the United States, please be aware that any information we obtain from you, including, without limitation, your personal information, through the use of this Website may be transferred to the United States and/or other countries in which are affiliates or vendors are located that may not provide the same level of data protection as the country in which you are located.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without prior parental consent or parental notification. If you are under the age of 13, please do not register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete such information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Personally-identifiable information you provide to us.
- Non-personally-identifiable information which is collected automatically as you navigate through the site, including usage details, IP addresses, cookies and web beacons.
- Information we receive from our subsidiaries and/or affiliates.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or posting material, such as your contact information (name, email address, mailing address and telephone number), age group, date of birth, gender, product concerns and the brand and products you use.
- Information you provide to us when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website. We collect such information, including your delivery and billing address, and credit card number, security code, expiration date, during the online checkout so that we can properly fulfill your orders.
- Information that you provide when signing up to receive email notifications, including your email address, whenever the Company posts new information to the Investor Relations portion of the Website.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through the Website, we may also collect details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our third party vendors. This is statistical data about our users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
- To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To register you for an account membership at our Website, and manage and maintain your account on the Website.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, such as posting comments and videos.
- To improve our site content, product offerings and our research, marketing and promotional efforts.
- To analyze the use our Website and the purchases you make on our Website.
- To comply with applicable law and industry standards.
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or any other form of sale of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about its customers is among the assets transferred.
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for promotional purposes by the Company, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form. You can also always opt-out of receiving e-mail information from us other than the e-mail informing you of the completion of user registration, correction of user data, or change of password by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. Please note that this opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
Personally-Identifiable Information You Provide to Us
We do not collect personally-identifiable information unless you provide it to us. If provided, we may collect and use the following personally-identifiable information:
If you would prefer that we not collect any personally-identifiable information from you, please do not provide us with any such information.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the following third parties:
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and update your personal information by logging into the Website and [visiting your account profile page and making changes]. You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
1111 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042
Attention: Legal Department
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
1111 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042
Attention: Legal Department
or via our toll-free number:
We will be happy to answer your questions or hear your concerns.